31 May 2010

So then.... All the books of the trilogy are now edited and just waiting to go. As I sit here looking out of the window, the sky is overcast and it's spitting with rain. Of course, its bank holiday yet again.

I'm told by night publishing that my book is very close to going into print. Then the hard work begins as I have to start selling myself to the world. No problemo I already have several orders waiting in line.
Having edited everything, it means I can start writing again. AND I have. AND of course i've got my life back sort of.(My family and friends have started to call again). I'm three chapters into another young adults book. I say young adults but my colleagues have been fascinated by my writing. "Awesome" one said. So I must have struck the right balance.
I have taken Erasmus off of Authonomy. Too many people trying to buck the system to get to the Editors Desk. I prefer honest critique and backing and the achievement of having got there through hard work. Far more satisfying.
Out of interest I took a peek at the "you write on" web site. I like it and Richard Grayling from SA has a book on there. It's called Lifetime, do take a look, I started reading the first few chapters and was gutted when I got to the end of what was posted. Talk about leave them wanting more! So if you fancy a read go to:
www.youwriteon.com I'm no good at links but if you put rgrayling into their search engine it will pop up for you to read at your leisure.

I'm off to the caravan tomorrow for a bit of a break. It's set in woodlands on a farm with just sheep and horses for company. It's about 10 miles from where I live, and a chance to meet up again with friends who are already there, basking in our English weather. lol.
Four days there is like a month in heaven, so i'm looking forward very much to the rest. No laptops, limited mobile phone usage, BBQ's, walking in the woods, Tenterden/Rolvenden just down the road if we need civilization. Copious amounts of the usual stuff.
So off now to sort out the wellies, beacon flash light,all weather clothes.
Catch ya when I get back.

1 comment:

R.R.Jones said...

Well that's all sounding very nice Teester.
I wrote a song last night, well the lyrics, lol. It's called The lord of the Flies and it's all very cosy... not ;-)

Fingers crossed Tee, I hope it all goes well.
Have fun in your caravan.